This website does not provide medical advice.
Ayurvedic OCD treatment in Cippenham
Management Of OCD Through Ayurveda
What Is OCD?
Reassurance is good when you are washing your hands twice just to make sure they are clean or when you are checking the door of the car again to make sure it's locked. Reassurance benefits all as it ensures safety. However, when this reassurance turns into an obsessive compulsion, it becomes a disorder known as obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD. When a person has OCD, they say or do things repeatedly, at least 10 times or more. In some cases, the patient realises that they are struggling with OCD and opt for an ayurvedic OCD treatment in Cippenham, but in several cases, people deny this behaviour.
Behaviour Of OCD
The OCD behaviour is not confined to washing hands or checking if the door is locked as It also involves factors like keeping things clean, organised and neat in a repeated manner. However, the impact of OCD can go beyond cleaning and organising and can be dangerous if not taken care of. It can reach a level where you have obsessive thoughts, and you are tied to them in a compulsion. This means that if you have depression or anxiety along with OCD, you might face huge complications and fall into a dangerous mental state. OCD doesn’t affect much if you don’t have any other mental issues, but it can become a big problem for those who are dealing with mental problems.
OCD In Ayurveda
Ayurveda refers to OCD as Atatwa Abinivesha. The meaning of Atatwa is “non-existent”, and the meaning of Abhinivesha is “stubborn”. Therefore, the meaning of Atatwa Abhinivesha as a whole is referred to as a condition where an individual believes in the factors that do not exist or are not true.
What Are The Reasons For Atawa Abhinivesha To Take Place According To Ayurveda?
The reasons for the occurrence of Atatwa Abhinivesha, according to Ayurveda, are: Consumption of polluted food and beverages. Suppression of natural urges Consumption of cold and warm food, oily and dry food without thinking about the inappropriate combination. Jealousy, grief, depression, etc. Inferiority complex or embarrassing situation. Fearful situations. Dissatisfaction in life.
OCD Treatment In Berkshire Through Ayurveda
Treatments for obsessive-compulsive disorder include:
- Avoiding the factors that may cause OCD
- Modifications in diet and lifestyle. Switching to healthy options
- Exercises that may build confidence. Assurance of education plays an important role in this.
- Mediation, yoga and pranayam are a great way to discipline the mind, body and soul.
- Remedies of purification and pacification play a vital role.
The counselling of panchakarma starts with exposing the patient to fearful or sinful thoughts. They are made to do things that they would usually do compulsively, such as washing their hands just once and making them believe that they are clean in one wash. The treatment of panchakarma ensures the purification of the body, which leads to clarity of mind. The procedure of panchakarma is preceded after determining the dominating dosha that is promoting OCD. Several essential oil procedures such as Shirodhara or Shirobasti are also performed under this treatment, which helps to calm the mind.
Ayurvedic Medicines Used In Ayurvedic OCD Treatment In Cippenham.
Several internal ayurvedic medications can help to manage OCD. These medicines include:
- Brahma Rasayana: It is used For the Restoration of energy that results in strengthening the body as well as the mind.
- Panchagavya Ghrita: it is medicated ghee that enhances the working of brain cells. It reaches them by crossing the blood-brain barrier due to its lipophilic nature.
- Maha Panchagavya Ghrita: It is a medication that helps to manage OCD along with epilepsy, liver disease, piles and many others.
- Brahmi Ghrita: It is used as a potent drug to relax and calm the mind.
- Saraswati Churna: Soothes the mind and restores and repairs the nerves and arteries.
- Mansyadi Kashya: Works as a tranquilliser for the mind. It is used for the management of depression-related OCD.
- Brahmi Vati: Its bitter principles calm the mind, and it works as a memory tonic.
These are some of the ways to manage OCD through an OCD treatment in Berkshire. Ayurvedic approach is a natural approach towards the healing of your mind, body and soul. It is a traditional science that can help you manage OCD without many side effects.