Understanding Dysmenorrhea: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment Options
This condition is when women have to suffer pain during their periods every month. Dysmenorrhea is when girls or women feel pain or cramps in their belly and lower back during their period. There are two types:
Types Of Pain
- This is the most common type of period pain.
- TIt usually starts a few days before you get your period.
- This happens because the uterus squeezes a bit during your period.
- It's like your body's usual way of handling things.
- It lasts for 2-4 days.
- Sometimes, the pain is caused because of some underlying health issues, like endometriosis.
- A Ayurvedic practitioner might need to help with this.
- The pain starts way earlier
- It lasts longer than the normal kinda
This condition has many similar symptoms like normal periods but some conditions are different
- Cramp in the abdomen
- Pain in lower abdomen
- Pain in lower back
- Pain that spread to the legs
Age For Period pain
- Women who suffer from this condition start experiencing pain and other symptoms as soon as they get their first period.
- In some cases their periods become less painful as they become older.
- Women also feel less pain after giving birth
Causes Of Secondary Dysmenorrhea
This happens because of some underlying health conditions with the reproductive system of women.
Fibroids- these are the growth that form on the walls of the uterus. Small ones do not cause pain but large ones can
Adenomiosis- In this condition the tissue which lines the uterus starts to grow inside its walls. It can cause pain, it is present in older women generally.
Defective Reproductive Organs- Some women are born with deformities in their reproductive organs. It can cause period pain.
Other Conditions- There may be certain other health issues that can flare up during periods causing pain.
If you are having severe period pains, then it is wise to talk to a professional regarding this condition. You can get naturally Ayurvedic Dysmenorrhea treatment in Cippenham at Ananta Ayurveda. This type of treatment will holistically heal your body giving you relief from period pain.
Tests To Find Out If You Have This Condition
Ultrasound- In this test the doctors use sound waves to create a picture of your abdomen area. It helps them to carefully check the insides of your uterus and other organs.
Laparoscopy- In this procedure a small instrument which has a tiny camera fitted at its head is inserted in your pelvic area. The doctor makes a small incision for this, they are able to clearly see every organ in this area.
Holistic Treatment Options For Curing Period Pain
At Ananta Ayurveda, we are determined to bring holistic treatment for your period pain using remedies derived directly from nature. Do visit our institution for the best Dysmenorrhea treatment in Berkshire.